VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our highimpact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT/ICT Specialist (Education)
Start Date: ASAP
- To play a key role in the supporting the implementation of VSO’s projects engaged in ICT/IT work. The position is expected to provide support to IMA4P project and other VSO projects in Nigeria.
- The volunteer will be based with VSO Nigeria's partner organization in Lafia, Nasarawa State and will work with other project partners, schools and communities in two local government areas of the State to implement the national volunteer programme project.
The volunteer will have a range of tasks and activities;
- Support the development of a basic ICT training material relevant for college staff and trainee students of the colleges
- Support the development of on-going ICT training programme as a basic requirement for college staff and new intake trainee teachers
- Support the planning, organizing and facilitation of ICT training events to college staff Support similar ICT training programmes for other colleges in liaison with the COE and VSO Nigeria
Key Performance Indicators
The Key performance indicators of this placement are:
- Number of volunteers and partners who have increased skills in data collection and analysis
- Number of teachers who have increased skills in data collection and analysis
- Number of beneficiaries reached and supported on the basic education project intervention.
- Number of children who received quality education as a result of the support from the national volunteers
- Number of national volunteers that are able to deliver adequate support to ICT in Education projects
- Number of partners, volunteers and other beneficiaries who are able to write reports, case studies and success/significant change stories.
- Evidences of monitoring and evaluation support to project partners and VSO, through reports and feedbacks.
- Building and Sustaining working relationships: The social skills to build and actively maintain working relationships that foster teamwork and collaboration with others for the benefit of a common goal.
- Open Minded and Respectful: A non-judgemental approach that values other people and culture.
- Seeking and Sharing Knowledge: Recognition that learning is a two-way and continuous process.
- Facilitating Positive Change: The ability to analyse problems and develop lasting solutions in line with VSO approaches.
- Adaptability: A flexible approach and the ability to adapt behaviour to different situations.
- Resilience: The self-confidence to work with a variety of situations, diverse people and ambiguity.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in IT Architecture Development (Technology Architecture and Software Architecture)
- Sound general IT technology understanding
- Experience in Project Management
- Good skills in computer maintenance
- Experience in Training on the job
- Experience in developing ICT strategies for organizations
- Some experience of creating web-based tools, mainly related to agricultural products
- Good report writing skills
- Awareness and sensitivity of cross-cultural settings
- A preparedness to work with limited resources within a challenging environment
- Patience, tolerance and flexibility
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain good working relationship
- Creativity in problem solving & conflict resolution
- Enthusiastic and good team player