Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Job Title: Logistic Manager - Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Duration : 6 to 8 Months
Start date : 01-Sep-2016
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
providing ACF’s field teams in Nigeria with essential logistics support for successful program implementation. You will use your people and interpersonal skills to support teams working in difficult environments and foster strong relationships with the local communities and key stakeholders.
Key activities in your role will include
- Supervising the logistics team at base level
- Managing the supply chain function at base level
- Managing fleet and transport at base level
- Supervising the management of equipment at base level
- Contributing to sound financial management at base level
- Communication management at base level
- Building the capacity of other departments at base level in working with logistics documentation
- Serving as a brand ambassador for logistics with both internal and external stakeholders
- You monitor the impact that demanding activities and stressful working conditions may have on your team and actively work with other departments to ensure staff are appropriately supported.