HReade Limited is a human resource consulting firm which adopts a collaborative approach in ensuring our Clients build competitive advantages through their people thereby increasing value for stakeholders and customers.
The most invaluable asset in an organization is its people. Our goal at HReade is to provide solutions and consultancy services on how organizations can fully utilize their human capital to ensure that their strategic goals and objectives are met.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Division/Department: Property and Facility Management
Reports To: Centre Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assumes responsibility for the planning, development and implementation of effective operations management policies and planning.
- Assist senior management in developing short and long term goals and plans. Assist with long term budget projections.
- Executes established operational goals and ensures that corporate wide plans are complemented and supported.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures for Centre operations. Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective operations management of Centre and facilities.
- Coordinates and arranges third party services of maintenance contractors, suppliers, vendors etc. Deals with contractors on daily basis.
- Liaises with tenants with regards to operational problems
- Responds to emergency call outs.
- Day to day running and control of tenant complaints, security, air con ,cleaning, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Authorize invoices for payment and issues tender document
- Calculates operational cost for charge out to the tenants, ensure recoveries where appropriate
- Manages space planning. Ensure that the center layout will accommodate present and future operational and space requirements.
- Conducts periodic inspections of facilities, assesses problems and needs, and implements improvements in operations as appropriate.
- Coordinates maintenance activities. Ensures that the facilities are clean, well maintained, and in good repair. Directs preventive maintenance procedure as appropriate.
- Ensures that center operations are in compliance with established procedures, policies, regulations and codes.
- Assumes responsibility for the security of all the Centre facilities. Conducts scheduled inspections of security systems and implements improvements as necessary.
- Identifies security threats and develop action plans for the prevention of incidents.
- Establishes and maintains security systems for the center and tenants.
- Monitors shops and businesses and react on emergency calls.
- Establishes and maintain security information network
- Liaises with local authorities.
- Plans the manning of the center and mange guards on duty.
- Determines the needs for security systems and equipment.
- Communicates with tenants regarding security systems.
- Develops and implements security devices.
- Creates security awareness amongst staff, tenants and shoppers.
- Compiles budgets and control expenditure.
- Establishes emergency plans.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring the efficient and cost effective administration of center operations.
- Develops and implement safety directives.
- Completes financial forecasting duties and generates and updates schedules for building expenditures.
- Ensures compliance with legal regulations. Completes regular HSE inspections and updates monthly reports as appropriate. . Ensure that HSE requirements are effectively implemented.
- Ensures that facilities operations are cost effective, efficient and within established budget constraints.
- Oversees the procurement of furnishings and equipment in accordance with budget planning.
- Researches vendors, contractors and suppliers to ensure that equipment and services are of acceptable quality, competitively priced and delivered on time.
- Ensures that all maintenance agreement and leases are current.
- Ensures that the billing discrepancies are promptly tracked and resolved.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations with vendor, contractors and trade professionals.
- Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers contractors etc.
- Acts as a liaison between the Company and external contacts
- Ensures effective coordination of external services with Company operations
- Obtains and conveys information as appropriate
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
- Effectively supervises Centre personnel, ensuring optimal performance
- Provides leadership to assigned personnel through effective objective setting, delegation and communication. Conducts regular meetings to ensure that the personnel are well informed of changes in policies and procedures. Discuses areas needing improvement.
- Assigns and coordinates personnel. Directs daily operations
- Identifies, develops and implements training programs as appropriate
- Conducts performance appraisals. Provides measurable feedback to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performances.
- Formulates and implement employee corrective actions as needed
- Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure and as well maintained
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Reports on operational expense, foot traffic, security incidents etc.