Walter Reed Program-Nigeria (WRP-N) - The Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International is wholly owned subsidiary of the Henry Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc which is a nonprofit corporation authorized by the congress of the United States of America.
The U.S Department of Defense Walter Reed Program Nigeria supports a military to military partnership with the Nigerian Ministry of Defence liaison office, the Health Implementation Plan (NMOD HIP). HJFMRI through partners with the Walter Reed Program Nigeria is actively involved in the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and HIV Research activities. It is through this partnership, HJFMRI Ltd/Gte seeks to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Research Physician
Report to: Deputy Director Research
Work Hours: 40
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the design, development and implementation of clinical research activities and protocols to in furtherance of the Department Of Defense Walter Reed Program Nigeria (DODWRP-N) mission and the West African region.
- Supervise staff at site and develop relationships with partners with similar research vaccine mission related to DODWRP-N.
- Participates in the analysis, presentation and publication of scientific papers.
- Assists with oversight, management, coordination of research activities between site teams and DOD WRP-N.
- Provides medical consultation and management of research volunteers.
- Leverages expertise in support of expansion of DOD WRPN research activities.
- Performs other assignments as required.