ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
ActionAid is a global movement of people working together to further human rights and defeat poverty for all.
Job Title: Sponsorship Communications Consultant – Lagos: 5 months (Maternity Cover)
Sponsorship Communications Consultant – Lagos: 5 months (maternity cover)
Period of Cover: 5 months
The Communications Consultant will be responsible for implementing AAN’s Child Sponsorship communications plan and Community Sponsorship’s fundraising communication strategy as contained below and in the job description provided. This includes but not limited to liaising and engaging with funding affiliates, local right partners, goodwill ambassadors and vendors in the execution of duties stated.
- Ensure communications from all 11 local right partners to UK, Italy, Sweden and Brazil Sponsors are delivered on a timely basis. i.e. Community Voices, Amico and Next Step reports.
- Work with the Child Sponsorship Coordinator to produce the annual Communication Plans for Funding Affiliates
- Produce monthly and bi-annual communications for supporter-retention and acquisition when necessary and in line with deadlines set.
- Provide technical support and communications materials for fundraising activities.
- Coordinate production of informative, educative and communications (IEC) materials produced by approved vendors.
- Regularly develop contents and update all Community Sponsorship social media platforms with quality content. i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Linkedln, Google+ and Youtube.
- Provide and upload quality content (stories and photos) on Community Sponsorship website with strict adherence to AAN’s brand guideline.
- Work with communications coordinator and digital officer on content development and execution of digital fundraising campaigns respectively
- Coordinate and supervise the approved media agency on the placement of DRTV advert on DSTV.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of advert placement in the media and proffer advice for re-direction based on evaluation results.
- Liaise with Communications Coordinator on requests for AAN staff programme appearances in media houses located within Lagos.
- Work with Communications Coordinator on all engagement involving the celebrity Campaigner for Community Sponsorship.