The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the internationally recruited position of Head, Hospitality and Travel Services.
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Please visit http://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA.
Job Title: Head, Hospitality and Travel Services
Ref No: DDG-R4D/H/HTS/07/16
Duty station: Ibadan, Nigeria
This position reports to the Deputy Director General-Corporate Services. The tasks are as follows:
- Manage I-House, Ikeja Guest House, Abuja Guest House to international standards and oversee Travel Services and Sports centre.
- Manage bookings and the use of the IITA Ibadan Conference Centre
- Continue to enhance revenue generation through effective use of Hospitality and Travel Service facilities.
- Ensure effective cost recovery of all operations, and meet the set zero budget targets.
- Provide continuous staff training and good customer care.
- Lead, recruit, develop and retain staff to deliver services in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Plan and manage new acquisitions, maintenance and upgrade of facilities of all IITA guest houses as required.
- Initiate energy saving methods.
- Ensure delivery of effective client focused services.
- Give professional support to leisure activities on the Ibadan compound and organize social events to enhance the quality of social life on IITA campus.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by management.