Job Title: Cook/Housekeeper
Department: School of Business & Entrepreneurship
Summary of Position
- The position follows established schedules in cooking, baking, sanitation, and related activities to ensure safety and sanitation.
- The position is expected to take inventory of supplies on hand and orders food supplies, ingredients, and other consumables on a scheduled basis as determined by menu and estimated number of diners for effective food management.
- The position is also in charge of preparing palatable meals according to specified menu and schedule with minimum waste and shall also shop for necessary food supplies.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Clean and sanitize all food preparation equipment and ensures that it is kept in safe and operable condition.
- Ensure utensils and vegetables have to be properly washed so that food borne diseases are avoided.
- Ensure proper cooking methods are also important for ensuring that proteins and vitamins are not lost due to over cooking.
- Inquires for food allergy to prevent food poisoning.
- Use standard food preparation utensils such as knives, spoons, tongs and whips.
- Operate power driven equipment such as a meat slicer, blender, and juice maker.
- Provides input and suggestions tomenus for special functions and revisions to daily lunch and dinner menu.
- Work with the President’s house members to create menus for functions when requested.
- Prepare some food items ahead of time when necessary to maximize the use of time.
- Prepare specialty foods such as pizzas, fish and chips, sandwiches, following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Prepare dough, following recipe.
- Performs physical inventories and keep records.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.