Our client, JHI is a top provider of facilities and property management services in Nigeria with an incredibly dynamic and forward-thinking culture, has engaged to source for top talents to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Ref No: FMJH 2016
- The successful candidate will oversee activities of service and maintenance contractors and staff, and the execution of building related activities as determined by the Senior Facilities manager.
- He/she will establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with tenants and service contractors; assist to co-ordinate repairs, revamps and tenant installations; and carry out inspections and general building maintenance.
- The position holder will be required to be available on call (standby) 24-hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and support facilities in a timely and effective manner to include all repairs and administrative tasks.
- Provide a high quality service to clients based on agreed service standards.
- Maintain and manage budget assuring expense control in strict accordance with financial policies and procedures.
- Provide reports to supervisor on the design and operation of building services and systems.
- Prepare and execute methodical Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) schedules to ensure minimum down time of equipment and facilities.
- Maintain the structure and fabric of all facilities in line with appropriate building regulation.
- Keep inventory of all equipment, appliances and assets under company’s care.
- Liaise with colleagues in the development of FM service contracts and works contracts in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage building security to ensure safety and security of premises.
- Liaison with various regulatory agencies to obtain appropriate valid certificates, licenses and permits.
- Put forward suggestions to improve service standards and quality.
- Produce detailed and accurate description of parts needed for maintenance, and submit for approval.
- Ensure that all repairs are carried out in line with company's laid down guidelines and processes.
- Work in full compliance with all Health Safety & Environment (HSE) guidelines and regulations.
- Act as on-site project manager, and manage tenant installations as needed.
- Manage and lead staff, and manage professional relationships with external contacts.
- Work as an effective team member, anticipate and ensure tasks are completed.
- Ensure that staff behavior and conduct conform to company values and philosophy.
- Ensure each assignment/task is delivered in a timely and effective manner.
- Keep supervisor apprised of matters relating to Facility in a timely manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.