The factory manager shall be in charge of the overall management of the Factory in the areas of Production, Operations, Resourcing Assessment, Quality Control, Cost Efficiency, Health and Safety Measurements, Raw Materials Planning and any other duties assigned by Management. He is responsible for the successful execution of scheduled production plans through optimal utilization of available resources.
Production & Operations
• Plan and organize production schedules and oversee production processes.
• Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment.
• Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress and revising schedules.
• Implementing company policies and systems on the factory-floor.
• Ensures operation of equipment by scheduling maintenance; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff.
• Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance, general issues.
• Monitor the work of employees, provide feedback and perform coaching or counselling.
Health And Safety Measurements
• Jointly develop HSE plan with management.
• Ensure SOP is followed in all stages of processing.
• Ensure safety of staff, machines and materials on the factory-floor.
• Maintain discipline and hygiene on factory-floor to ensure a clean and safe workplace.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Work with the Food Technologist to ensure product quality in line with company’s quality systems, processes and procedures.
• Optimizing machines and people through proper allocation and utilization of manpower on factory-floor.
• Monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures via a Management Information System.
• Proper inventory planning, setting up of internal controls, targets and monitoring systems.
• Controlling Raw material and Packaging material wastages.
Warehouse And Logistics
• Manage the receiving, shipping, handling, distribution, and storage of all product and supplies that come in and out of the factory.
• Maintain standard receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing personnel and operational policies and procedures.
• Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
• Maintain appropriate and complete documentation of all products in the factory
• Responsible for managing third party logistics providers.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
• Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
• Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
• Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels of supplies/products, identify discrepancies if any and take necessary action.
• Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss/theft or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
• Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs.
• At least 3 years’ experience as Factory/Production Manager in a Cashew Processing factory
• Thorough knowledge of the processes involved in processing, packaging and storing cashew nuts
• Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools. Experience of handling, operating and maintaining machinery for Food Processing industry is an advantage
• Degree in a technical, engineering or relevant field will be an advantage
• Conversant with NAFDAC and all relevant state and local government laws and regulations
• Excellent MS Office, communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Strong delegating, organizing and leadership abilities
• Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
• Food safety and HCAAP system certification is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their updated CVs using the job title as subject of email.