The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter/NFI sectors. NRC is therefore seeking the services of:
Job Title: ICT Officer
Reports to: the Logistics Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides basic assistance, information and/or training to staff on ICT policies and procedures including hardware and software.
- Identifies ICT problems, develop and implement technical solutions.
- Maintain an accurate asset management system and documentation at Country office level
- Adheres to NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency principles in all processes.
- Will also be Roving and providing NRC with internet setup in new bases.
- Will be providing other bases with ICT Support.
- Ensure ICT equipment’s, hardware, software and other resources are made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Monitors, operates, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level…),
- Implement NRC filling system (electronic files) at country level
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet…)
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment’s.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).