Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory & Receiving Supervisor
Job Numbe: 16001A4L
Job Category: Procurement
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Use technology to send, receive, and print out product requisitions. Order packaging, raw materials, and supplies as needed.
- Notify manager of low stock levels in a timely manner. Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries and account for incoming freight based on invoice and receiving reports.
- Stage merchandise by department, mark appropriately for placement in facility, and deliver merchandise to appropriate department.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs. Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Receive, store, ship, and deliver incoming and outgoing department packages and mail. Secure the receiving room and its contents, ensuring safekeeping of packages.
- Follow all national, state, and local hazardous material shipping guidelines and regulations. Ship all out-going mail and packages.
- Verify quantity and condition of packages upon receipt prior to delivery to guest.
- Communicate with guest regarding received packages. Maintain accurate tracking system on all shipping and receiving transactions, including receiving guest signatures for received packages.
- Communicate with proper management regarding any loss or damage with packages. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Reach, bend, twist, pull, and stoop; grasp, turn, and manipulate objects; move, lift, or carry objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.