MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IP Projects Coordinator
Department: Network - Operations and Maintenance
- Coordinate all Data and IP Core Related Projects.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Plan resources for assigned projects, defining responsibilities and scope of work for each team member.
- Conduct a post implementation review and documentation and follow up on outstanding items.
- Manage documentation process, ensuring completeness and easy referral to project documents.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Elect., Computer Sc./Engineering or Project Management
- Formal Project Management certification or training would be an advantage
- CCNP /CCIE Knowledge or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience in a medium Organisation
- In depth knowledge of IP/MPLS Network
- Experience in a delivery driven IP & Data network environment
- Experience in operations or planning background in IP or Telecommunications.
- Project Management certification
- Experience in Internet Protocol, Data Networks & Equipment’s, Transmission Infrastructure and Communications Service Delivery
- Data Networks training
- IP Routing Protocols
- Radio Transmission (PtP, PtMP/Wimax)
- GSM System Basics
- New technologies training / seminar
- Training on vendor equipment and software
- Exchange training with other MTN networks