The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nigeria wishes to engage the services of an Executive Assistant in its Abuja Office on a fixed term basis.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Under the close guidance of the Representative, the incumbent will liaise with colleagues within the same office, Regional Office, HQ and in the field on matters of non-routine significance in order to prepare documents for the supervisor and manage the flow of information. Regular contacts with external parties including UN offices, donors and other International organizations will be made to provide background information on relevant topics prior to meetings and obtain assistance of others on matters of relevance to the office.
- Assist in managing the flow of information to the supervisor by identifying priority matters to be urgently addressed by the supervisor; analyse supporting documentation and summarize most relevant points and ensuring that appropriate action is taken by responsible Section Heads.
- Assist in following-up on policies and instructions presented by the supervisor; highlighting major world-wide operational developments related directly to UNHCR or to humanitarian issues.
- Assist in presenting statements that represent UNHCR’s overall policies and draft substantive correspondence for the supervisor.
- Assist in securing timely and authoritative information from Sectional Heads.
- Ensure supervisor is prepared for meetings and missions by drafting talking points and establishing contacts on the subject matters to be discussed.
- Accompany supervisor to meetings and on missions in order to prepare notes on the discussions, ensuring follow-ups and support with any relevant input.
- Support the supervisor in efforts to raise the profile of UNHCR and the agency’s concerns within the context of the broader United Nations system.
- Assist in coordinating draft of position papers and other documents relevant to the activities of the office.
- Ensure high-level visitors are appropriately addressed, that they receive background information as necessary, and that protocol is respected.
- Perform any other related duties as required.