JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mason
Job ID: 631
Reporting to: Supervisor-Civil
- The principal responsibility of a mason is to ensure masonry works are carried out according to specifications: the right materials, tools and equipment are used for all masonry tools according to the supervisors’ specification.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Ensure that the supervisor’s work specifications are adhered to in all construction works.
- Should be able to execute levelling of concrete structures according to supervisor’s directive.
- Inspection of repair work, projects, equipment and report to the supervisor.
- Give proper account of material stock in store /laydown and report to the supervisor.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the supervisor in monitoring supply of materials to ensure that materials supplied are of high quality, for ensuring that works are completed in safe, proper and timely manner.
- Transfer materials, tools and equipment to sites where construction works are carried on.
- Work closely with the iron bender and ensure that work is executed according to supervisor’s specification.
- Assist plumbers in masonry works where required i.e. hydrants, chambers, septic tanks, gutters culverts drains.
- Perform other related duties