The candidate for the Polytechnic Librarian must:
- Possess good honours Degree not lower than 2” Class Lower Division in any discipline and a Masters Degree in Library Information Studies from a recognized University; A Ph.D degree will be an added advantage;
- Give evidence of current membership of Library Professional Bodies and registration with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Give sufficient evidence of continual scholarship and contribution to knowledge through publications in reputable peer reviewed outlets both within and outside the country;
- Be proficient in ICT [packages;
- Have put in a minimum of 15 years post Degree qualification with cognate work experience preferably in the Polytechnic sector; ten (10) of which must be at the Library management position;
- Not be in position lower than that of a Deputy Polytechnic Librarian;
- Not be more than 55 years of age by 1 August, 2016.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Polytechnic Librarian in the Nigerian Federal Polytechnics and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a period of five years in the first instance. The appointment, subject to satisfactory performance, may however be renewed for another five (5) years and no more, in line with the extant law.
- Fringe benefits include a Pensions Scheme in consonance with the Contributory Pensions Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward applications and twenty-five (25) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full name
- Place and Date of birth
- State of origin
- Local Government Area (LGA)
- Marital Status
- No. and ages of children
- Permanent home address
- Contact address
- E-mail address and Phone Number(s)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates (certified copies attached)
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts
- Visions for the Polytechnic in the next five (5) years with particular reference relevant materials requisition for, and management of Polytechnic Library (not more than 500 words)
- Report of three (3) Referees on the candidate
Applicants should indicate on the top left of envelope: “Application for the Position of Librarian” and all applications should be forwarded to:
Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu,