Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
ASI’s regional office for West Africa is Abuja, Nigeria. Eighteen ASI Managers, 70 other staff, over 300 Associates and 350 field workers operate in Nigeria where we deliver projects for DFID, UK Home Office, EU and World Bank. The West Africa team has a large project portfolio and it is growing quickly, with two new projects added within the last two months and an interesting pipeline of new opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, West Africa Team
Tracking Code: 113-140
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
About the Role
- The position is based Abuja within the Adam Smith International West Africa Team.
- Senior Managers play a fundamental role in our operating model, managing the technical and financial performance of projects, as well as leading business development. This involves developing a clear strategy to consolidate and develop our growing team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to strategy development.
- Build relationships with clients and counterparts in pursuit of project delivery and business development opportunities.
- Secure new work in West Africa and help to grow Adam Smith International’s business.
- Take a leading role in managing bids.
- Deliver optimal value for money for our clients.
- Deliver quality projects that achieve targets and achieve a high level of client satisfaction.
- Project Director for selected projects. Senior contact person for clients and accountability for technical and operational delivery.
- Line manager to members of the West Africa team.
- Develop an engaged and motivated team that is set-up to deliver against Adam Smith International Nigeria’s corporate objectives.
- Play a leading role in establishing internal and external corporate initiatives for Adam Smith International (e.g. training initiatives and marketing initiatives).
- Ensure Adam Smith International Nigeria is a compliant organisation and that risks are identified and managed.
- Outstanding written English and good communication skills;
- Good budget, finance and forecasting skills;
- High level of emotional intelligence in the following areas: self-awareness, social awareness and self-management;
- Proactive, self-starter, resourceful;
- Open-minded, flexible approach to problem-solving;
- Resilient to changing circumstances and challenges;
- Achievement oriented;