FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by Forbes® Magazine as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2013, the Company has approximately 19,500 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 17 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Specialist Discipline Engineer
Requisition ID: #51861792
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- Provides technical support related to materials necessary to meet engineering needs. Ensures that projects meet specifications, standards and performance requirements within area of expertise.
- Independently develops solutions to non-recurring problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data. Anticipates potential problems and takes preventative actions.
- Consults with other departments on equipment designs and questions. Identifies root cause of problems. Develops alternative solutions and communicates associated benefits and risks.
- Participates in planning and scheduling projects.
- Accepts ownership of conceptual designs and sponsors projects to higher management.
- Supports customer interface on material problems and recommendations
- Prepares documentation, information and communications such as ECN (Engineering Change Notices), DBI (Data Base Information) and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting.
- Assists Purchasing department in obtaining vendor material and process quality.
- Works with Manufacturing and Weld Shop to develop welding process improvements and new procedures.
- Provides metallurgical and other material technology advice and support to Engineering.