The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
It is not a single organization. It is composed of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the 189 individual National Societies. Each has its own legal identity and role, but they are all united by seven Fundamental Principles
- Collaborate with local counterparts and contribute to the improvement of the quality of the blood bank in
- the State Specialist Hospital, Maiduguri and to ensure safe laboratory practice is followed.
- Work with the hospital blood bank team to assist the hospital blood bank provide the optimal standard of
- support within guidelines provided by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health and ICRC
- Ensure all staff complete correct specimen documentation and registration.
- Ensure patient confidentiality procedures are maintained
- Liaise with hospital staff to ensure specimen collection procedures are safe and accurate, with correct
- Train staff in collecting statistics, and ensure monthly laboratory statistics are accurate.
- Ensure the regular maintenance of lab equipment and ensure supplies and reagents are used correctly
- and economically.
- Compile clinical data from the blood bank