Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Job Number 160019SP
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation.
- Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover.
- You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
- You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people.
- Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours.
- That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data.
- Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers. Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
- Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones and emails using appropriate etiquette.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.