Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a start-up healthcare company headquartered in the UK with presence in Nigeria and with immediate expansion plans across Africa; and with a focus on the delivery of specialized digital healthcare services across the country. As part of the set-up of the Nigeria office, our client is looking to hire the services of:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for leading and overseeing overall operations of the company.
- The COO should be an experienced with a considerable understanding of the health insurance market in Nigeria and in-depth working knowledge in the operations of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
- The COO will be expected to direct, administer, and coordinate the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors.
- He/she will have overall leadership and management of the organisation services, support the objectives and goals of the company, as well as manage and report on the performance of various functional units within the organisation.
- Daily manage the daily activities of the company, thereby ensuring that operations, systems and processes are properly coordinated and implemented
- Design and implement appropriate operational structure and processes to create and deliver the company's services
- Initiate and oversee operational plans and initiatives to create cross-functional capabilities required across key areas including provider network, business operations, and sales and marketing
- Liaise with clients, providers, suppliers and regulatory authorities, and ensure that the company's operational procedures, policies, and standards are adhered to at all times
- Ensure adequate systems and processes are maintained to measure and monitor the company's effectiveness, efficiency and quality of its healthcare delivery
- Liaise with superior to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors