ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA recently started setting up operations in Nigeria, supporting IDPs of Boko Haram affected states. ZOA starts up operations from Maiduguri.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Representative (F/M)
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration position:1 year with possible extension
Workhours: Full time (40 hours)
- An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated, independent and experienced Country Representative to work with ZOA in Nigeria.
- ZOA is conducting needs assessments in Maiduguri in preparation for submission of proposals to major donors. The projects will address needs in WASH, shelter, food security and psychosocial support. ZOA envisages a 3 year programme depending on success on raising funds. As the security situation improves, ZOA wants to assist IDPs in relocating to their villages of origin.
- The initial appointment is for 12 months with annual extensions up to 3 years.
- The Country Representative is responsible for the integral management of projects in Nigeria and represents ZOA at a national level in the country. The Country Representative reports directly to the Disaster Response Director.
Your Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Country Representative is the legal representation for ZOA in Nigeria;
- Member of the management team of ZOA Nigeria;
- Overall management of the ZOA programmes in Nigeria;
- Project cycle management, including formulation, budgeting, integration with programme planning, writing, monitoring and reporting;
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities;
- Monthly activity and financial reporting, including realization of activities vs budget utilization;
- Quarterly progress reporting (narrative and financial) at programme organisation level;
- Approval of expenditures and related cost allocations, on the basis of approved project and programme organisation budgets;
- Annual review of progress towards programme objectives.
- Development and maintenance of strategic programme planning, in accordance with ZOA’s programmatic approach with corresponding annual programme budget as an input to the Country Annual Plan (CAP).
- Human resource management for the country programme team;
- Supervision and periodical evaluation of the performance of the members of the country programme team;
- Implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel and security policies and procedures.
- Pro-actively conduct acquisition of locally available donor funding, write proposals and contribute to ZOA Nigeria’s response to calls for proposals;
- Narrative and financial donor reporting.
- Initiating and maintaining effective working relations with relevant stakeholders at national level (government, local authorities, UN (clusters), INGOs; LNGOs, etc.).
- Responsible for the selection, coordination, capacity building and donor compliance of local implementing partners.
- Ensures that the security plan is up to date and that all staff adhere to it;
- Maintains contact with security network such as UNDSS, INSO;
- Leads response to security incidents or changes in security context.