RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
Job Title:Deputy Chief of Party, Nigeria
- The DCOP will report to the Chief of Party. The DCOP will be responsible for providing day-to-day project leadership in the management of project operations and oversight for technical, operational, and administrative staff. Candidate should possess strong management, administrative and communication skills (including report writing).
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee project operations, communications, human resources, security, and some cross-cutting areas (gender, social inclusion) and senior technical staff. Provide leadership to develop, implement and monitor the S2S work plan.
- Interface with both USAID and other counterparts regarding the overall direction of the project in the absence of the COP.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with key stakeholders, including government counterparts, grantees, and implementing partners.
- Manages overall performance and results of the program in a partner state, including management and oversight of the program’s technical, operational, and administrative staff.
- Liaises regularly with COP and State Managers on management and decision-making.
- Work closely with COP, technical staff, pertinent RTI regional and home office staff and appropriate USAID staff when necessary to ensure project resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted, analyzed, disbursed, monitored and reported in achieving project objectives.
- Directly supervise and mentor project staff.