Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position Title: Financial Accountant
Reports To: Assistant Finance Manager
- Responsible for the agency’s liquid cash safe keep document management and involve in the daily finance unit operations.
- Prepare Cash Disbursement Vouchers and Cheques for all payment requests to third parties (CRS staffs and Vendors ) and ensure that all vouchers have adequate supporting documentation;
- Prepare all financial accounting unit General Journal Vouchers and ensure that all vouchers have adequate supporting documentation;
- Input all approved transactions on the CRS standard upload template for Finance Manager’s review and upload into SUN Systems.
- Ensure that staffs and vendor liquidations are promptly reviewed and forwarded for review of the Finance Manager and onward approvals
Bank and Cash Management:
- Preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements for all CRS Bank account
- Prepare monthly receipt reconciliation.
Fixed Assets and Inventory Management:
- Performs Quarterly Inventory Count exercise
- Reconciliation of fixed assets as per HQ Records
- Provide employee benefits burn rate sheet for reimbursement/claims using Q&A
- Prepare Severance Schedule for National Staffs on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet Report.
- Prepare the monthly EFCC Report
- Follow up and ensure that all Intra-agencies transactions are well supported.
- Ensure that all payable accounts are kept at very minimal balance.
- Any other duties as required by the Finance Manager
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Management Team, Finance Manager, Administration staff, Program staff, Finance staff, Entire Staff, HQ and CARO Region.
- External: Government Agencies, CRS Bankers, Vendors, Sub recipients
Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning