The Nigerian Red Cross, as part of its strategic plan to position itself as Nigeria’s leading humanitarian and disaster management intervention organization, is currently recruiting highly professional and mission-focused individuals to fill the key position below in the organization.
Successful candidates will be joining a visionary organization with an extensive network of local branches in every state and over 800,000 volunteers working closely with those in need of humanitarian assistance.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance and Resource Management
Job Code: AJ13 - 05
Location: Abuja (National Headquarters), Nigeria
Responsible to: Secretary General
- Design and develop guidelines, procedures for the management of the National Society finance and grants.
- Report and document al financial activity of the NS in collaboration with other departments and donors to ensure that there is a co-ordinated management in line with best practices and donor requirement.
- Provide short term/strategic financial management capacity building support for the programmes.
- Establish system for financial management and expenditure reports in accordance with NS Finance policy guidelines.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reconciliations and reports.
- Prepare a comprehensive analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, cash flow, budget monitoring record, financial revenue and expenditure in collaboration with relevant programme officers and branches.
- Provide a high standard of financial accounting in both development and emergency programmes, ensuring compliance to local statutory and NS accounting policies.
- Ensure strict adherence to accounting systems, policies, internal controls and procedures for the collection of accurate, complete and timely financial data (e.g: budget, forecasts, expenditure, commitment, payroll and delegation of authority).
- Manage the cash flow in liaison with the branches and Programme Heads to ensure timely and secured transfer of funds to meet programme need.
- Provide the necessary checks and balances to ensure that money is spent effectively and efficiently.
- Conducting frequent audits and checks on all financial transactions including procurement, store, vehicle management and other internal control systems and reporting their status on a monthly basis or as may be required.
- Liaise with the Headquarters and Branches to ensure that adequate funds are available for the smooth running of the office and other routine activities.