Stresert Services Limited - Our client, a fully foreign company in Nigeria with its Directors and promoters from India and the UK. The company is rapidly growing in the field of Telecommunications Infrastructure Solutions and Services. Company’s services are broadly divided into three major sections, Infrastructure Solutions, Advanced Engineering and Turnkey Solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head Technical (Electrical)
Location: Lagos State
- Responsible for operating and maintaining power systems, including but not limited to HV and LV Breakers, 11 KV/400 V Transformers, RMUs, Protection relays, HV and LV switchgear up to 11KV, switch boards, MCC, Battery chargers, Lighting systems, UPS, HV Generators, SCADA system for managing the Emergency power Supply activities shall include as a minimum:
- Carrying out protection testing to various relays.
- Carrying out testing including thermal imaging on all HV and LV systems.
- Periodic testing of 11KV generating systems.
- Periodic SMDB, MDB, ATS, MCC maintenance.
- Periodic maintenance to lighting control systems.
- Checking and operating breakers.
- Ensures engineers and other personnel implements operating procedures to resolve system malfunctions.
- Provides technical information; investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Designs maintenance strategies, procedures and methods for the Electrical Systems. Organizes, prioritize and assign Work Orders to workforce using computerized maintenance management system (CAFM).
- Identifies services that are to be outsourced. Recognizes Electrical Services Providers (Sub-contractor) and actively produce detailed scope of works, specifications, Service Level Agreement (SLA) and attached KPI’s for each outsourced contract.
- Manages the Electrical Service Providers in accordance with the set SLA and KPIs. The successful candidate shall be responsible for the valuation of manufacturers/suppliers technical documentation and bids.
- Liaises with Line Manager to establish the operational budget and needs for Capex (capital expenditure). In charge of monitoring and controlling maintenance costs for Electrical Systems, He shall be fully responsible of managing the budget and reporting on any monthly variation between actual and budget. Requirements for Capex shall always be backed with valid business cases and/or Safety requirements;
- Liaises with the procurement department, the successful candidate shall undertake stock review on a regular basis to ensure adequate stock of vital spares/supplies & consumables.
- Ensures compliance with all standards for Safety, Environmental, Work Procedures, Quality Assurance and Quality Control systems as adopted by the TS Department.
- Provide timely activity reports detailing the activities and performance of his team and highlighting KPIs and compliance with internal SLAs to Management.
- Ensures effective liaison within the other teams of the TS Department to assess site safety prior to engaging in O&M activities, to coordinate his team work schedule with that of others as appropriate, and, in general, to maintain flawless and cordial working conditions with view to achieving the TS Department’s targets within the corporation policies & directives.
- Identifies critical assets, prepare risk management and business continuity plans with regard to all electrical systems.
- The successful candidate shall be in charge of evaluating, installing, optimally operating, and maintaining power systems.
- Anticipates issues prioritize and plan personal & team efforts to ensure completion within set deadlines.
- Delegates work with clear work instructions; provides performance feedback to team members.
- Conducts performance appraisal for the team members and provides feedback as necessary.
- Designing Of Training Module: Preparation of Training modules and imparting continuous On-Job training to Supervisors &Team members.