Sigma Qualitas is a network of seasoned and experienced consultants, with several years work experience in large multinational organizations and the public sector, who have come together for the purpose of providing consultancy expertise and training to clients across various industries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Principal Functions (Major Areas of Responsibility)
- Inspect aircraft, maintenance procedures, air navigational aids, air traffic controls, and communications equipment to ensure conformance with Federal safety regulations.
- The Quality Control Inspector role exists to develop, maintain and enforce a framework of standards and inspection for aircraft maintenance safety and reliability
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, modification, or repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
- Inspect repaired, or modified aircraft to identify damage or defects and to assess airworthiness and conformance to standards using checklists, hand tools, and test instruments
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly on in-process aircraft, Research and draft technical documents
- Inspect parts for condition, conformity and documentation at shipping, receiving and acquisition
- Assist QC Manager with aircraft inspections for condition, quality and conformity with FAA, Aviation industry and Dynamic Aviation standard
- Approve or deny issuance of certificates of airworthiness. Issue certificates or licenses
- Conduct flight test programs to test equipment, instruments, and systems under a variety of conditions, using both manual and automatic controls. Test performance of aircraft equipment.
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, modification, or repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures. Inspect aircraft or aircraft components.
- Examine aircraft access plates and doors for security. Inspect aircraft or aircraft components.
- Investigate air accidents and complaints to determine causes. Investigate transportation incidents, violations, or complaints.
- Observe flight activities of pilots to assess flying skills and to ensure conformance to flight and safety regulations. Evaluate performance of applicants, trainees, or employees.
- Start aircraft and observe gauges, meters, and other instruments to detect evidence of malfunctions. Monitor equipment gauges or displays to ensure proper operation. Inspect aircraft or aircraft components. Pilot aircraft.
- Examine landing gear, tires, and exteriors of fuselage, wings, and engines for evidence of damage or corrosion and the need for repair. Inspect aircraft or aircraft components.
- Examine maintenance records and flight logs to determine if service and maintenance checks and overhauls were performed at prescribed intervals. Review documents or materials for compliance with policies or regulations.
- Inspect new, repaired, or modified aircraft to identify damage or defects and to assess airworthiness and conformance to standards, using checklists, hand tools, and test instruments. Inspect aircraft or aircraft components.
- Recommend replacement, repair, or modification of aircraft equipment. Recommend changes or corrective procedures.
- Prepare and maintain detailed repair, inspection, investigation, and certification records and reports. Record service or repair activities.
- Analyse training programs and conduct oral and written examinations to ensure the competency of persons operating, installing, and repairing aircraft equipment. Evaluate performance of applicants, trainees, or employees.
- Recommend changes in rules, policies, standards, and regulations, based on knowledge of operating conditions, aircraft improvements, and other factors. Recommend changes or corrective procedures.
- Schedule and coordinate in-flight testing programs with ground crews and air traffic control to ensure availability of ground tracking, equipment monitoring, and related services. Schedule operational activities. Coordinate flight control or management activities.