Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Internal Audit
Reports to: Head of Operations
Reports to: Coordinator, Internal Audit
- The Internal Audit Officer shall assist the Head, Internal Audit in developing and executing the Country Program’s audit plan, and take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits.
- In this role you will contribute to the Internal Audit function by identifying risks associated with CRS’ objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- You will provide value-added advice and support to staff and partners on the creation or modification of policies, procedures, processes, products or services to ensure an appropriate level of internal control and compliance is maintained.
- Develop a risk based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional internal audit standards and CRS’ IA methodology
- Evaluate the adequacy of process, design, and the effectiveness of controls in meeting program and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings
- Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies
- Organize and reference work papers for review by Head, Internal Audit
- Participate in closing meetings with client at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues
- Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the project and senior management.
- Assists the Head, Internal Audit in the development of the annual Internal Audit plan
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Determine project level operational risks in the area of finance, procurement, human resources (HR), compliance and other relevant areas.
- Contribute and assist in maintaining an organizational risk management framework
- Conducts reviews of suspected internal fraud or malpractices
- Provide consultative support to projects and departments with regard to the adequate design and implementation of risk management processes
- Provide in person training to staff and partners on agency wide policies, external rules, regulations and legislation which requires compliance of all staff (i.e., foreign corrupt practices act, mandatory disclosure, full cooperation, etc.)
- Develops and maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, including Senior Management and partner organizations.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding donor rules, regulations, best practices and internal audit standards
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Program Managers, Grants Managers, Head of Finance, all program and operations staff.
- External: External Auditors, Sub-recipients