GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead EHS Specialist - GE Power
Job Number: 2774361
Location: Port Harcourt
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: Power Power Generation Services
- The Sub-Sahara Africa PS FS EHS manager will manage risk, ensure compliance, and drive EHS positive culture working collaboratively with field services, P&L, EHS HQ, OneEHS, & other functions.
- The Lead EHS Specialist will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Lead the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) program and initiates and influences integration of EHS policies and practices into the business
- Manage activities, which drive compliance with EHS regulation and company policies
- Maintain expert knowledge of existing and proposed regulations
- Provide input to and manage department budgets
- Manage compliance tracking programs and record keeping systems
- Ensure effective education programs are in place
- Follow the GE Code of Conduct through personal commitment
- Lead business in complying with all applicable EHS rules, regulations and GE policies
- Provide technical guidance and training at the site level
- Interface professionally with company associates, customers, government officials and the public in all areas of environment, health and safety
- Analyze data to assess environment, health and safety challenges, and to develop approaches to control
- Initiate and influence integration of related policies and practices into the business
- Manage activities and provide leadership to programs that ensure company compliance
- Advocate for Hazard hunt activities, risk reduction program, and EHS Framework improvement
- At least spend 70% of the role time at sites and projects in Sub-Sahara Africa
- Support ITO (Commercial team) during the bidding phase and ensure efficient transfer of EHS duty/requirement from ITO to OTR (execution) phase.