The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC has recently started up with emergency activities in the area of Food Security, Water and Sanitation, Shelter and ICLA sectors in Nigeria in order to respond to the urgent humanitarian needs in the northeast.
In the coming year, one of NRC’ main focus will be to provide the displacement affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local host communities including IDP camps in Borno State and displaced affected population in surrounding north - eastern states with adequate WaSH, Food Security and livelihood, Shelter, ICLA amongst other durable solutions. NRC is therefore seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Project Coordinator based in Maiduguri, Nigeria for 2017. The Monitoring and Evaluation Project Coordinator will report to the Head of Programme.
Job Title:Monitoring and Evaluation Project Coordinator
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance policies and procedures;
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including Monitoring and Evaluation SOPs, guidance and tools;
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use;
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review;
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports;
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas;
- Supervise and mentor Monitoring and Evaluation support staff in executing M&E plans;
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for Monitoring and Evaluation needs.
- Manage the process of planning, establishing and standardisation of Area office and project level M&E systems;
- Support the development of guidance for Area office procedures and processes that assist in institutionalising and supporting Monitoring and Evaluation in the Area Office;
- Support the Area office in developing data collection methodology, tools and systems for on-going data analysis;
- Ensure that monitoring data is reported in a timely manner and fed into management decisions for use in project management;
- Support, supervise and mentor Monitoring and Evaluation staff assigned to the Area Office;
- Lead the data collection and analysis in baseline, end line studies for all sectors;
- Generate report in Programme Development Managers, end line report to improve future programming;
- Ensure that beneficiaries feedback is analysed and streamed to future programing;
- In charge of Monitoring and Evaluation project matrix;
- Ensure the generated data are accurate and in line with NRC headquarter requirement;
- Generate reports monthly and in Trimester for Head Office and for Country Office;
- Perform any other task assigned by Head of Programme.