eRecruiter Nigeria - Our Client is a privately owned multi specialist hospital and a reputable health care facility located in Lagos state. A full-fledged modern hospital that provides high-quality clinical services and also provides general health care services, 24 hour pharmacy services, diagnostic services and training to doctors. It is well equipped with state of art equipment and the objective is to become a world-class hospital.
They currently have an opening for a Pharmacy Technician.
Job Title:Pharmacy Technician
Reports to: The Lead Pharmacist
A pharmacy technician accurately and efficiently prepares prescription orders, thereby verifying prescription information and dosage. Entering patient and order information into the pharmacy system processing and submitting insurance claims and also providing quality customer service to patients and other healthcare providers.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs all functions or duties under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist on duty
- Ensures necessary communications are provided to the patient, such as special instructions, directions regarding medications, if an item is out of stock and must await delivery, etc…
- Checks items for appropriate ‘shelf life’ remaining before expiration