Jagal Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil&Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Job Title:Rigger (Level 3-OPITO Certified)
Key aims and objectives:
Safety of all personnel.
- Manages the planning, lifting and moving of load in accordance with projects specifications and HSEQ
- Manages and coordinates the deployment and activities of rigging personnel and equipment within an assigned project or area of work.
- To ensure successful Planning, prepare for lifting and movement of load
- Ensure all work activities are undertaken in compliance with HSEQ manual, Safe Work Practices, Project Specifications, and relevant Codes and Standards
- To take account of the relevant worksite operational requirements Ensure efficient and effective delivery in accordance with Project Schedules
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identify potential hazards associated with the lifting operation and implement control measures to address the identified hazards
- Ensure the load is accurately assessed for approximate weight, incorporating an adequate safety factor
- Obtain and position the lifting equipment and lifting accessories as detailed in the lifting plan.
- Move loads where there are obstructions restricting the direct path of the load such as over, under or around pipework)
- Communicate, discuss and ensure understanding of the prepared lifting plan and risk assessment with the lifting team
- Ensure the lifting equipment and lifting accessories are always free of obvious defects, and certification is current
- Carry out pre-use inspection of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Determine the Centre of gravity of a load that has an offset Centre of gravity
- Install and position the lifting equipment for balanced weight distribution
- Attach the lifting accessories to the load using industry best practice
- Complete all work scope in accordance with work pack/job cards, instructions associated procedures and drawings
- Raise applicable permit to work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in controlled an safe manner
- Train and developed subordinates