African Industries is a diversified West African Conglomerate that employs over 4,000 people from over 10 countries. The Group has operations in eight locations in Nigeria, distributes products in several West African countries and is increasing investment in neighboring countries. Its origins lie in trading soft and hard commodities imported from Europe and Asia. The Group’s activities in Nigeria are now entering their fifth decade. Investments in manufacturing commenced with the reforms instituted to support industry in the early 2000’s in Nigeria - as democracy was established.
Job Title:Senior Manager Accounts
- A Chartered Accountant with at least 7-10 years of experience ( at least 3 years o heading Accounts team of reasonable size manufacturing Unit).
- Manufacturing experience is compulsory. Steel manufacturing experience will be an added advantage
- Maturity and leadership skills are prerequisite for the position
- Should have hands on experience
- Structured working style
- Analytical mind
- Experience in working on ERP Microsoft Navision would be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power point
- Presentable and good communication skill
- Timely preparation of Monthly management accounts. We have audit committee and the management accounts are presented to the committee on quarterly basis (we are planning to switch to monthly presentation).
- Timely preparation of monthly Budgets and variance analysis
- Cost analysis and reconciliation of Cost accounts with Financial Accounts
- Timely preparation of daily, monthly and quarterly MIS.
- Co-ordination with Finance team in HO to ensure that proper financial resources are made available to the unit.
- Commercial support to Unit CEO
- Analysis of Financial Information and highlight the unusual variations/ trends
- Co-ordinate with the Internal Auditors and ensure that the audit compliance reports are submitted in timely manner
- Support Accounts Head in decision making
- Keep a close eye on credit control function
- Support the consultants and internal teams in system development and implementation