eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information and outbreak response, organize transport of health commodities, streamline clinical procedures, monitor vaccine usage and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Project Manager
- The Technical Project Manager (GIS) supports planning, execution and monitoring technical projects within eHA’s Geographic information systems (GIS) Department.
- S/he supports project management activities to achieve successful project completion.
- S/he is responsible for day to day management of dedicated project teams; supports the design and development of project specific GIS documentations and performs a variety of GIS-related technical tasks as directed by the GIS Department Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the Technical Project Manager (GIS) will work under the supervision of the GIS Department Manager to perform the following responsibilities:
- Plans and coordinates GIS project activities and ensures the timely implementation of projects. Ensures that project deliverables meet quality standards and business requirements.
- Develops, coordinates, and monitors projects plans to include key milestones, timelines and resources. Works with external consultants for smooth project implementation.
- Supervises the project teams. Organizes and assigns tasks to each team member and ensures proper preparations are made. Ensures proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications. Ensures project documents are safely archived following project completion.
- Resolves project and technical issues, seeking opportunities for innovation and enhancing efficiency of project delivery. Supervises staff to perform and complete designated projects.
- Provides reports to the GIS Department Manager including presentations regarding GIS needs, solutions and GIS project recommendations.
- Supports business development activities within the department (e.g. proposal writing).
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May frequently travel between company work-sites. Some international travel may be required.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Responds well to supervisor requests and feedback.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Attends and participates in annual strategic planning meetings, country management meetings, staff meetings, training classes and supervision.