FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant - Bama LGA
Job ID: 17897
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- H/She, as relevant, will be responsible for maintaining and operating the warehouse containing a wide variety of project materials and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive delivery of materials in the warehouse.
- Verify quantities of goods delivered, inspect for damage; and sign delivery tags.
- Prepare and maintain records concerning the receipt and issuance of materials.
- Update computer inventory control records.
- Perform periodic physical inventory and reconciles with inventory records.
- Assist in determining proper inventory levels, ordering points, and ordering quantities.
- Confer with user departments and provide cost information for budgeting purposes.
- Advise on methods to improve receiving, storing, and distributing materials and supplies; and maintain stock control records.
- Liaises with Field Coordinator & Logistics and Procurement Manager to minimize inventory and eliminate obsolete items.
- Track usage of supplies and report on any incidence of abuse.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.