The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
Job Title:Application Developer - Microsoft Solutions
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
- TheNigerian Stock Exchange continues to evolve to meet the needs of its valued customers, and to achieve the highest level of competitiveness. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Microsoft Solution Developer is a technology focused role intended to provide development and management of NSE SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and AX installations firm wide.
- The role sits within the Market Operations & Technology (MOT) division and under the Application Development unit specifically. In addition to excellent development, analysis and documentation skills - the role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- The successful candidate will have advanced to expert level experience with SharePoint 2010 & 2013, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 and Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- The responsibilities and expectations of the SharePoint developer are as follows:
- Actively use structured development methodologies and with Agile development technologies (preferably scrum) for projects, based on various technical, organizational, project and team considerations
- Develop required software using structured quality control processes
- Develop and Extend the Microsoft Solutions Deployed in the Exchange
- Maintain up-to-date technical documentation on deployments and processes and standard operating procedures
- Report on operational status at both a tactical and strategic level
- Participate in the design and delivery of complex systems and network solutions (SharePoint, CRM, AX or otherwise)
- Participate in the design and implementation of system-level and service-level monitoring solutions
- Act as a SharePoint subject matter expert and liaison between different teams to help understand cross-functional requirements and contribute to discussions and planning as required to make those goals into reality
- Observe all information security policies, standards and procedures in the discharge of your duties
- Advanced understanding of MS SharePoint 2010 & 2013, MS Dynamics CRM 2013 and MS Dynamics AX 2012 Architecture
- Understanding of logical information architecture and SharePoint concepts of web application and sites collection
- Understanding of logical information architecture of Dynamics AX and CRM Entities and how to extend the system to achieve business objective
- Excellent knowledge of programming / systems analysis, as well as quality assurance, prototyping, construction, integration, and migration functions
- Demonstrable experience in supporting and troubleshooting a SharePoint technical environment, Dynamics AX and CRM Environment
- Architect and design Microsoft Solution implementations using best practices
- Implementation and customization of Microsoft-based solutions
- Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows and document management. Use Microsoft .NET development to extend and augment the SharePoint, Dynamics AX and CRM platforms
- Unit and functional testing for all assigned deliverables
- Development of custom web parts on SharePoint
- System Analysis and Design
- Analytical Thinking
- Software Engineering and Development
- Concept Development and Execution Management
- Database Administration
- Attention to Detail