COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years** we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Area Coordinator
Starting Date: January 2017
Duty station: Yobe State (80%) and Abuja (20%) - this is a non family duty station
Area of intervention: Northern states of Yobe and Borno
Description of the position
- The Area Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of quality of program, staff management, logistics, security, finance and procedures’ respect.
- Delegated by the Head of Mission, he/she represents COOPI with donors, institutions, NGOs, local government and international agencies available in the area.
- He/she guarantees the correct project implementation and the donors’ procedures respect. He/she cooperates with the Head of Mission in the definition of the Country Strategy and intervention priorities for its area of competence.
- Delegated by the Head of Mission, he/she manages relations with institutional donors and potential ones. In coordination with the Head of Mission, he/she represents COOPI in its area of competence through relations with institutions, NGOs, local and international organizations, and partners.
- He/she is also responsible for the Organization’s reputation in the area.
New opportunities Identification:
- He/she verifies and proposes to the Head of Mission the intervention priorities to consolidate new opportunities of involvement in the area. He/she cooperates with the Head of Mission in the identification of new project opportunities in his/her area of competence. Delegated by the Head of Mission he/she participates to the elaboration of the strategy for his/her area of intervention.
Project management and strategy:
- Always referring to the Head of Mission and in coordination with the Project Managers, he/she coordinates and directly supervises projects, guaranteeing their correct implementation in conformity with contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with the COOPI’s procedures and management standards.
- He/she coordinates the elaboration, writing, and necessary documents preparation for presenting new projects, referring to the Head of Mission.
- He/she is responsible for the preparation of projects’ reports and all monitoring documents requested by the coordination office.
- He/she ensures that all official and administrative documents are transmitted to the Country Coordination.
Country office management:
- He/she is responsible for all different aspects linked to the country office management: economic and financial situation, logistics, and local staff management, in conformity with the organization’s guidelines.
- He/she guarantees the Country Regulation and the respect of the organization’s procedures.
- He/she is responsible for the local staff management and training, in his/her area of competence, in close cooperation with the relative functions at Country Coordination level, whose indications he/she follows.
- He/she coordinates the expatriate staff, monitoring their activities, and participates to the staff evaluation, together with the Head of Mission.
- He/she is responsible for the expatriate staff security in the area, and for the correct implementation and respect of the general security regulation.
Economic and financial management:
- He/she is responsible for the economic management of his/her area of competence.
- He/she supervises the financial management and, in cooperation with the Area Coordination
- Administrator and the Administrative Coordinator: he/she participates to the preparation of coordination and projects’ budgets.
- He/she ensures - through the administrative function - the respect of financial reporting deadlines and the organization/donor’s procedures.