Standard Chartered Bank is a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
Job Title: Business Development Executive, Abuja (2 years Fixed Term Contract)
Job ID: 528097
Job Function: Retail Banking
Engage NTB clients who are employees of corporate with whom RC has done a deal with an institution either mandate or right to market (primarily CC/CIC / Non-client EB corporate)
Engage via on-site marketing/ events or appointments
Ensures that the applications meet the required standard.
Perform Dectica AOC checks (where applicable) on applications submitted for review.
Ensure the anomalies / errors / omissions are attended to before submitting the application to Loan Centre for further review / processing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Connect & explain
- Connect with identified employees of EB corporate (based on opportunities set up by RMs )
- Explain proposition & requirements in full
Sources of leads
▪ Employee Banking RM
▪ Existing EB customers
2. Prepare & set up on site presence
Collect all documents required for account opening and product requirements
3. Meet, acquires basis need based conversations
Meet in person (ensure Priority RM joins where required)
▪ Determine further needs
▪ Complete sales process for product set up
▪ Educate and conduct initial set up for online, ATMs, Client Centre, and Branch
4. Activate (remote)
▪ Product/process fulfilment
▪ Pass on referrals/leads of other products to respective specialists
POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
- To be familiar and comply with all relevant Group policies and local regulations in relation to all products.
- Ensure that all anti-money laundering / Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) guidelines are adhered to.
ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING / KYC / CDD
- Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:
- Identifying your customer,
- Knowing your customer,
- Reporting suspicions,
- Safeguarding records and
- Not disclosing suspicions to customers.
GROUP COMPLIANCE PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risks and compliance policies and Group Code of Conduct
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders
- Timely mitigation of risks and resolution of issues including collaboration with all relevant stakeholder functions, and establishment of effective controls.
- To participate and contribute in the upcoming projects of the department to ensure timely and smooth implementation