Established in 1863, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) operates worldwide, helping people affected by conflict and armed violence and promoting the laws that protect victims of war. An independent and neutral organization, its mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We are based in Geneva, Switzerland, and employ some 14,500 people in more than 80 countries. The ICRC is funded mainly by voluntary donations from governments and from national Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
Job Title: Cooperation Field Officer
- Contribute to the fulfilment of Cooperation objectives specifically capacity building and partnership support to
- the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) Borno and Yobe branches, and the ICRC Sub Delegation in
- Maiduguri with technical direction from Cooperation Coordinator.
- Contribute to the implementation of Cooperation Framework Agreement annexes relating to general
- Cooperation support
- Closely monitor financial processes including transfer of funds and financial reporting/retirement as well as
- coaching on finance management with Coop Assistant in line with the Cooperation Framework Agreement
- annex on financial procedures
- Provide support as relevant at Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) workshops ensuring incorporation of
- Safer Access in collaboration with Coop Assistant and NRCS HQ
- Work to ensure coordination and coherence between the different ICRC operational objectives that involve
- NRCS in the branches
- Oversee and monitor projects and activities in the identified branches with requisite reporting
- Ensure Safer Access application in branches