Plan International is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
Plan International officially started operations in Nigeria in 2014 and works to strengthen and promote the rights of children. Our programme is currently focused on basic education; improve community health services, youth and citizens’ participation in governance and creating economic opportunities and livelihoods for the poor, building resilient communities through our emergency and humanitarian response in the Northeast. Plan Nigeria works with communities, civil society organizations, development partners, government at all levels and the private sector.
Our Humanitarian Response Program is looking for people who are experienced, dedicated, have passion and want to make a difference in the lives of people to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Management Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Reports to: Field Coordinator/ M & E Manager
Duration: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- The purpose of this role is to be responsible for data management of the Child Protection
- Information Management System (CPIMS). The post holder will be supervised by the M&E manager and expected to work very closely with other members of the programme team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure prompt and accurate entry of all case management forms, including clear procedures for form submission, data quality checks, filing and sharing (i.e. data flow).
- File and store hard copy files in lockable file cabinets and input transfer information into the database
- Extract individual case information from the database for caseworkers to facilitate managing their caseload and undertaking case management activities
- Ensure regular analysis of the caseload to support reporting and caseload needs/trends
- Ensure regular communication with the other Data Management team members for updates on achievements and challenges
- Provide technical and management leadership to the information management component of the Case Management program in accordance with best practice and Plan policy.
- Supports implementation and adherence to grant work plans, spending plans and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Ensure that a solid information management system, including data protection protocols and information sharing protocols, is in place for confidential, safe and accurate documentation, filing, storing and usage of information collected on children harmed or at risk of being harmed
- Ensure regular communication with the Case Management Supervisor for updates on caseload analysis, trends, achievements and challenges