Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has worked in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
Job title: Database Officer
Location: Maiduguri - Borno State
- With the insurgency affecting North East Nigeria and displacing millions of people, Mercy Corps is expanding its humanitarian programming to support the conflict-affected population in Borno.
- In response to the ongoing crisis, Mercy Corps is scaling-up food security, non-food items, nutrition, protection, livelihoods, and water sanitation hygiene (WASH) activities in Dikwa, Ngala, and Jere Local Government Areas in Borno State to address emergency needs.
General Position Summary
- The Database Officer is a crucial role under the supervision of the part of the Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer.
- The Database Officer analyzes data information submitted by all program teams, M& E team and cleans incoming data, collects and maintains data storage.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the quality of data submitted by program field team to identify where mistakes have been made and support in data cleaning.
- Support the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to develop periodic reports on specific or cross-cutting themes through quantitative data analysis for presentation at partner learning workshops, Social Mobilization meetings etc
- Identify missing data and follow-up with all program and M& E team
- Create and Manage the online database
- Update and assure the proper functioning of the web-based analytics dashboard, including implementing partners’ dashboard log-in accounts.
- Work with the analytics dashboard to periodically adapt the design of the analytics dashboard based on program learning or any emerging data needs.
- Helps create humanitarian profiles for all partners, MC humanitarian beneficiaries, among others.
- Work with the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to provide custom analysis of incoming program activity and assessment data
- Creates charts, tables, graphs and map visualizations to effectively communicate data insights on Mercy Corps area of interventions or any new planned sites.
- Contributes to the design of assessment surveys
- Enter details for all selected Mercy Corps beneficiary on the program
- Complete entries of all the different beneficiaries on each program activity and keeps updating the data periodically as may be requested.
- Carries out field visits to support in data validation of all program activities.
- Supports any kind of program data entry and documentations as may be requested from time to time.
- Ensures all information is captured in a timely manner, updated and well stored.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Any Other duties as assigned
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.