The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) works in partnership with country governments, partners, and other major stakeholders to identify key obstacles to scaling-up and increasing access to essential health services, and to develop sustainable strategies to overcome them. CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for treatment; accelerating access to life-saving vaccines and technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required to design and implement high-quality care and treatment programs.
CHAI’s Applied Analytics Team (AAT) works closely with CHAI’s country teams and partner governments to improve health care delivery by using applied analytics to drive policy and programmatic decisions. AAT provides credible designs, strategies and advice, through fit-for-purpose analytical approaches including operations research, mathematical modeling, monitoring, program evaluation and impact evaluation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Program Director, Essential Childhood Medicines
Type: Full Time
Business Unit: Country Programs - Country Teams
- The Deputy Program Director will lead a team of professionals based across the country, and will have significant opportunity to shape CHAI’s approach in developing this program.
- He/she will be expected to use strong internal and external relationship management, exceptional team development and management, and rigorous analysis to develop and execute high-impact programs.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding leadership and management skills.
- The candidate must be able to independently drive the development and implementation of this program, have deep personal commitment to producing results, and have the ability to lead in a challenging professional environment.
- CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, tenacity, independence, humility, passion for the mission, and work ethic.
- The Deputy Program Director will be based in Abuja, with travel to program focus states.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of CHAI’s Nigerian Essential Medicines program, including strategy development and implementation, planning, budgeting, forecasting, and monitoring and reporting;
- Develop and implement performance management systems and structures to ensure optimal, high-impact program outcomes;
- Oversee the development and implementation of overall program strategy-including goal-setting, defining targets, and measuring program performance-while establishing aggressive operational milestones and achieving program objectives;
- Collaborate closely with CHAI’s Global Essential Medicines Team to share lessons and leverage technical expertise where valuable to strengthen implementation and performance
- Lead the identification of-and fundraising for-strategic opportunities for program expansion related to diarrhea and pneumonia; in partnership with global team, manage submission of high-quality, timely donor reports
- Act as CHAI Nigeria’s lead representative to donor and other external organizations on all Essential Medicines-related activities and communications-including program performance, strategic direction, operational changes, and risk management;
- Oversee administrative activities related to the Essential Medicines program, including closely liaising with the CHAI Nigeria Director of Operations (DO) to manage overall program budget, logistics, and Human Resources;
- Catalyze the implementation of Nigeria’s Essential Childhood Medicines Scale-Up Strategy by serving as a senior counsel to FMoH and NPHCDA leaders and guiding a broad stakeholder coalition toward an aligned approach;
- Any other task as requested by the Country Director.