Bradfield Consulting Limited - Our client, the President of an NGO and Partner at a Law Firm, is currently seeking applications to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
- Reporting to the President.
- The Executive Assistant will serve as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams.
- Organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and oversees special projects.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the President’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President, with Board members, donors, Foundation staff, and others, on matters related to President's programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the NGO, and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board support and Liaison:
- Serves as the President's administrative liaison to NGO's board of directors.
- Assists with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison:
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans.
Communication, Partnerships, and Outreach:
- Ensures that the President's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders.
- Works with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the President's outreach activities.
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters from the President to donors.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.