International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care.
Job Title:Finance and Compliance Officer
- Finance and Compliance Officer provides day-to-day financial support on active awards including sub-award recipients in accordance with donor regulations and IMC policies and procedures.
- He/she will ensure prompt and accurate preparation of financial report and perform periodic financial analysis. Finance and Compliance Officer reports directly to Finance Manager in Maiduguri field office.
Financial Accounting and Compliance:
- Accounting and finance support on all active awards in the field office
- Assist program departments with day-to-day financial support in accordance with donor/client and International Medical Corps internal policies and procedures
- Ensure required preapprovals are secured in advance of incurring an expense
- Prepare procurement requests and ensure all approvals are secured and coordinate with logistics department the delivery of services and goods
- Account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy, and control over payments
- Prepare ad hoc logistics and financial reporting to aid in tracking and reconciliation of transactions
- Maintain accurate financial transactions and grant/contract records
- Assist program staff and finance department in meeting donor/client and internal reporting requirements
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports for submission to donor on or before the deadlines
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly Pipeline.
- Prepare cash projection and request for submission to country office.
- Ensure timely remittance of relevant statutory payments.
- Maintain frequent communication with Program Staff, and Field office Finance to ensure finance activities and objectives are communicated clearly.
- Work with program and logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs is within budgeted targets.
- Attend coordination meetings upon need.
- Respond promptly to internal audit’s queries.
- Interface with service providers on service delivery, invoicing and processing of payments
- To work closely with IMC sub-grantee(s) finance staff (s)
- Support all field based sub-recipients (partners) on financial accounting and reporting
- Build financial capacity of local partners on all active awards
- Support partners in building strong internal controls systems
- Perform monitoring visits as needed to partners’ office
- Obtain and review partners’ monthly financial reports
- Ensure that all supporting documents received from partners are accurate, reliable and complete
- Support partners in award close-out processes