Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihood State Coordinator
Location: Borno State
Contracted Hours: 35
Report to: Senior Programme Coordinator- Humanitarian
- To lead Christian Aid partnership and programmes and to support the effective disbursement of funds tto Christian Aid partners working on the humanitarian programme in the North East.
- To contribute towards the smooth administration of the programme working with the local office team and local partners and have regular contact with external partners in the course of work wilst supporting communications andd fundraising including from institutional donors
- The Officer will be based in Borno field office with frequent trips to project communities in Borno and other Northeast states (Gombe and Adamawa).
- She/he will support Christian Aid’s response to the humanitarian crisis in Nigeria with special focus on the Food Security and Livelihood interventions.
- She/he will support Christian Aid’s funded programmes implemented by Christian Aid’s partners in the Borno and other northeast states.
- She/he will assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of Christian Aid’s Food Security & Livelihood humanitarian response, providing effective and timely support (including capacity building) to partner organisations, enabling them to implement the rapid, effective and principled response to emergencies, and ensuring that this is in line with Christian Aid’s country strategy and Humanitarian Standards.
- She/he will be representing CAID in sector working groups meetings/activities and engage in the right networks, while increasing the profile of CA humanitarian and resilience work and its visibility in the region.
(Between 4 and 6)
- Develop and support a strong CA local partner portfolio in Borno and other part of the northeast with regards to Food Security and Livelihood programming whilst promoting knowledge sharing and best practices through effective stakeholder consultations.
- Participates in resource mobilization and budget monitoring activities for CA projects in Borno and other states of northeast.
- Identify & build relationships with relevant groups including Government (NEMA & SEMA), Donors, NGOs, security agencies, UN Agencies, host communities and IDPs thereby contributing to a multi-stakeholder engagement which aims at developing a mechanism to monitor and implement FSL cluster/sector decisions and recommendations.
- Participate and ensure adequate reporting of sector meetings and other relevant information sharing mechanism for the purpose of coordination
- Compliance with financial policies and procedures including reporting requirements and contribution made to other team members in the development and implementation of partner capacity building and training.
- Ensure programme learning and documentation both internally and externally practices is put in place and thereby contributes to CA’s country/region/global humanitarian evidence base through programme development, delivery and evaluation processes.