Saipem is a large and international turnkey contractor in the oil & gas industry. The company enjoys a superior competitive position for the provision of EPC/EPCI services to the oil industry both onshore and offshore with a particular focus on the toughest and most technologically challenging projects and activities in remote areas. Saipem is a global contractor, with strong local presence in strategic and emerging areas such as West Africa, North Africa, Central Asia, Middle East and South East Asia. It employs over 40,000 people, comprising more than 125 nationalities.
Saipem seeks qualified candidates to join the largest Fertilizer plant in Africa “Dangote Nigeria Spa" in the position below:
Job Title: Furnace Supervisor
Project Name: Dangote project
Duration of Contract: 12 Months contract (possible for renewal)
- Saipem is hiring Furnace Supervisor to join the largest Fertilizer plant in Africa “Dangote Nigeria Spa”. It is required knowledge of API (API 560, API 530, API 573, API 535, API 936) as well as previous site experience with process furnaces, steam reformers, incinerators.
- Supervise the execution of construction and assembly works of Furnaces, Heaters and Boilers, both performed by subcontractors or in direct hiring, ensuring full compliance with safety and quality standards and procedures and verify that works are correctly carried out in accordance with project documentation and in the planned time frame.
- Support the mechanical subcontractors or the direct hiring personnel ensuring the feasibility (availability of drawings and materials) of the works.
- Promote safe works practices and environmental protection, ensuring that safety and quality standards are respected.
- Ensure the fulfillment of the project quality and contractual requirements.
- Verify and confirm the availability of drawings and materials, to plan the efficient execution of the works performed by subcontractors or by direct hiring personnel.
- Assist subcontractors or direct hiring personnel for the correct interpretation of the drawings, providing support in the solution of technical problems.
- Prepare and coordinate the detailed programs for the assigned activities.
- Coordinate human and technical resources, indicating any needs or surplus.
- Verify that works are correctly carried out in accordance with the project specifications, highlighting any engineering problems encountered in the field .
- Measure the progress of the works carried out.
- Provide quantitative data for producing weekly progress reports, monitoring the employed manpower.
- Ensure the continuous assessment of the quantities installed.