MTN Nigeria is the leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title: Transmission Edge Operations Support Engineer X2
- To Integrate, Operate And Maintain Multiplex Equipment For Network Transmission And Rollout
- Support In The Expansion Of Network Ensuring It Takes Place On Schedule And As Planned.
- Provide Remote Online Support To Field Engineers In Resolving Faults On The Transmission Network.
- Troubleshoot And Remotely Resolve Multiplexer (DXX And OSN) Related Faults On The Transmission Network Where Applicable.
- Implement Critical Preventive Or Corrective Maintenance On Multiplexer Systems (DXX And OSN) On The Transmission Network And Firmware/Software Upgrades On DXX Multiplexer Equipment.
- Carry Out Routine Maintenance On All NMS Systems For TX Edge Services.
- Implement Various Types Of Transmission Cutovers.
- Relate With Support Staff From Various Equipment Vendors For Resolution Of Major Equipment Or NMS Problems.
- Build And Maintain A Good Relationship Between All Networks Related Sections, Customers And Product Suppliers.
- Support The Team Lead In The Coaching And Training Of Direct Reports To Ensure Understanding Of The Objectives And Goals Of The Department, Awareness Of Set Targets/Requirements And Increase Product Knowledge As Well As Identify Developmental Opportunities For Team Members.
- Continuously Seek Self-Professional Development To Sharpen Skills And Capabilities In A Versatile And Evolving Digital Landscape.
- Foster Active Collaboration And Relationships With Employees Across All Levels And Divisions In Line With MTN’s VB And Values.
- Normal MTNN Working Conditions
- May Be Required To Work Extended Hours
- Minimal Local Travel