With over 57 million subscribers and more than $16 billion invested so far in the economy, MTN is the largest provider of mobile network access and ICT solutions in Nigeria, connecting whole communities with each other and with the rest of the world. Since our entry into the market in 2001, MTN has become an intrinsic part of Nigerian social and economic life, offering a wide range of products and services which act as a catalyst for fiscal and human development. Our leadership position in the area of network coverage, expansion and state of the art infrastructure remains constant. Today, MTN provides network coverage to over 3,775 cities, towns and villages nationwide. Through our Foundation, MTN has also invested N18 billion in carrying out Corporate Social Responsibility projects in 550 locations in all 36 states of Nigeria and the FCT. MTN Nigeria subsists on the core brand values of the MTN Group - Leadership, Integrity, Relationship, Innovation and a Can do attitude. We also offer a unique Employee Value Proposition centred around the following five pillars: - Brand Strength - Leadership Brand, - Investing in our Talent, - A Globally Diverse Culture - Total Reward and Recognition. As we progress with our operations, MTN embraces a win-win ideology that will ultimately stimulate economic development and a vibrant, stable society.
Job Title:Manager, Commercial And Indirect Sourcing
- To lead and manage the procurement administrative support activities through policies, processes and procedures that are aligned with MTNN’s aspirations for customer satisfaction/service excellence and bottom-line performance
- To contribute to the achievement of value for money purchases and lowest total cost of ownership through the delivery of high quality administrative support services
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Control and maintain the relevant registers necessary for adequate tracking and smooth administration of the Procurement function.
- Design and monitor workflow/results involved in the Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and the Requests for Proposal (RFP) process in order to ensure every transaction is checked and in compliance with PPPs and report on breaches where required.
- Design monitoring system for all items purchased by PO and ensure turnaround time (TAT) for delivery is achieved as negotiated.
- Monitor and report purchase order life cycle in accordance with MTNN policy.
- Develop Service Level Agreement between Procurement unit and the business and monitor compliance to the SLAs.
- Design and manage Procurement help desk in conformance to MTN’s customer service standards.
- Prepare and distribute monthly and other periodic reports as required.
- Prepare, review and report budgets and expenditure for P&SS department.
- Review and develop PPPs for the Procurement unit as required.
- Develop and manage methodologies to measure savings and other SLA’s.
- Develop data gathering, monitoring and reporting mechanisms in line with global best practice and corporate governance requirements
- Develop and implement administrative strategies aimed at enhancing the Procurement unit’s service delivery, reporting and corporate governance requirements,
- Develop new and improve existing processes, procedures, policies and service level agreements to enhance the Procurement units operational efficiency
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Sales & Distribution Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open Plan Office