With over 57 million subscribers and more than $16 billion invested so far in the economy, MTN is the largest provider of mobile network access and ICT solutions in Nigeria, connecting whole communities with each other and with the rest of the world. Since our entry into the market in 2001, MTN has become an intrinsic part of Nigerian social and economic life, offering a wide range of products and services which act as a catalyst for fiscal and human development. Our leadership position in the area of network coverage, expansion and state of the art infrastructure remains constant. Today, MTN provides network coverage to over 3,775 cities, towns and villages nationwide. Through our Foundation, MTN has also invested N18 billion in carrying out Corporate Social Responsibility projects in 550 locations in all 36 states of Nigeria and the FCT. MTN Nigeria subsists on the core brand values of the MTN Group - Leadership, Integrity, Relationship, Innovation and a Can do attitude. We also offer a unique Employee Value Proposition centred around the following five pillars: - Brand Strength - Leadership Brand, - Investing in our Talent, - A Globally Diverse Culture - Total Reward and Recognition. As we progress with our operations, MTN embraces a win-win ideology that will ultimately stimulate economic development and a vibrant, stable society.
Job Title:Manager Inventory Management
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of the ERP Inventory/WIP General ledger and Inventory sub-ledger system as well as providing information and support regarding inventory
- Provide financial/ budget related support to Logistics.
- Reconciliation of all Inventory accounts.
- Ensure Inventory financial process comply with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standard)
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate inventory information in the IFS system. That includes the managing of IFS in terms of setup, user utilization and flow of information into the general ledger for reconciliation purposes.
- Ensure maintenance of oracle perpetual inventory system and periodic analysis of sub ledger information.
- Monitor stock counts at primary warehouses and regional warehouses to ensure that stock quantities are accurate, stock count procedures are complied with and assist in processing claims/recovery for stock losses.
- Implement the company inventory policies and procedure in accordance with MTN accounting policy and IFRS
- Oversee and ensure that all receiving paperwork is in order and match the quantity, type, size and style loaded
- Supervise correctness of cycle counts ensure physical inventory of all goods and materials is reconciled to Oracle
- Prepare monthly consolidated stock count reports, analyse variances and provide solution to variances identified.
- Ensure prompt processing of authorised Material requisition form received from internal /external clients
- Provide Logistics support to project managers and Site Build Contractors on achieving roll out target.
- Manage equipment warranty claim process
- Manage the utilisation of OPEX budget for logistics department
- Oversee monthly logistics management report
- Ensure improved control through implementation of EAM/Fixed Assets/ Logistics agreed PPP
- Ensure accuracy and correctness of inventory Database
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours