EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media Producer
Ref No: P120816
- Working with the Senior Reading Specialist and ICT materials development specialist
- Synthesize data from various sources including surveys, focus groups, classroom observations, pre- and post-tests, teacher profiles, teacher learning circles, and other studies and sources
- Create messages from synthesized data for dissemination on various platforms including social media, text messages, IVR, audio and video (for TV and radio as well as packaging). Messages will be oriented to head teachers, teachers, pupils, parents, community members and LGEA and State Stakeholders for the purposes of motivation, providing information, improving instructional practices and celebrating good practices and successes
- Photograph, video and make audio recordings of classrooms, training activities, teacher learning circles, coaching and mentoring activities, materials distribution, parental engagement and support of reading, partner activities in support of reading activities (CSOs, RAN, FOMWAN etc)
- Working with local media produce/provide content for radio programs in Sokoto and Bauchi that support teachers, inform parents and increase the understanding of learning to read early in primary school.
- Record and devise a way to distribute songs from the Teacher’s Guides of Mu Karanta! (Hausa) and Let’s Read! (English) for more than 12,500 P1-3 teachers and headteachers.
- Develop posters, brochures and other print materials that will motivate teachers and head teachers and help them improve their knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Working with the reading team and Communications Specialist the producer will support the bid for a documentary film to be made of the Northern Education Initiative Plus. This will include developing the specifications in the procurement, leading a pre-bidding meeting with potential vendors and assisting in selecting the technical bids through both analysis of written bids and presentations by bidders.