Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some it's partners, Save the Children International (SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigeria Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM), Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP). The program's goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
Jhpiego hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Summary Scope of Work
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (MEO) will be reporting to the Monitoring & Evaluation Director.
- S/he will assist in the development, implementation and management of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the JHPIEGO Nigeria Country Office.
- S/he will work closely with program and technical staff to maintain monitoring frameworks that are accurate; up-to-date and comprehensive.
- S/he will maintain office data base systems and ensure up-to-date, accurate information on them.
- S/he will assist the program staff in preparing sections of program reports that deal with monitoring and evaluation, and in the implementation of program assessments and evaluations.
- S/he will work closely with the Strategic Information Officers (SIOs) in collating and submitting monthly and quarterly data through the DHIS2.
- Experience in preparing Performance Monitoring Plans (PMP) is a requirement
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will support all Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives and data related activities of the project.
- Specifically, the M&E officer will work closely with the SIOs at state level to coordinate the implementation of the National harmonized HMIS strategic plan across vertical health programs and ensure that service providers and other stakeholders in the state comply with the strategic plan.
- The M&E officer will participate in conducting routine data quality validation/audit and provide regular feedbacks to improve the quality of data in all supported sites and among the different stakeholders,
- S/he will support the SIOs in collecting, collating and reporting all data tracked by the program
- S/he will work with the SIOs to develop dashboard for routine data for health facilities and LGAs.
- The M&E Officer will support the process of building the capacity of health care providers in quality data collection, analysis, dissemination, visualization and use of health information at the state and health facility levels for program planning and management and will assist the SMOH to increase the dissemination of information appropriately packaged for various stakeholder groups.
- Work closely with the M&E Director in preparing PMP and responding to other M&E issues on all programs
- The M&E officer will work closely with the M&E Director in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst program staff and support the program staff on ways to properly organize and capture program progress and document lessons learned.
- Perform other duties relating to the project assigned by the supervisor